Thursday, August 26, 2010

"The Pentagon probably wrote that up."

This. Is the funniest. Shit. I have ever seen.
With all earnestness, in his most serious listen-to-me-I'm-a-serious-radio-personality voice, Alex Jones dissects the New World Order subversive mass-programming messages concealed within...

Squidbillies.



This really does speak for itself, but a few comments are in order:

1. For a guy who doesn't watch much TV, Jones seems to watch a lot of TV.
2. As I've mentioned, GMO corn has not been shown to sterilize animals in any major study, much less "every major study". I'm not saying the stuff is necessarily good; I'm just saying let's get the facts straight before we start scaring millions of people.
3. Fluoride shrinks testicles? Are we sure about this? And how is "Barak Hussein Obama wants to put fluoride in your water to sterilize your testicles" any different from what Jones is saying? For that matter, why does Jones feel entitled to call everyone morons, but woe betide any cartoon that makes fun of anthropomorphic squids?
4. "If more than used for brushing is swallowed" is not a typo, dude.
5. If everyone is trying to covertly kill you, they're not going to tell you how they're doing it.
6. I'm pretty sure that redneck cepholopods and a "Rockefeller-type" character (Dan Halen) on a cable cartoon show are not actually role models to any sane person. If you start drinking fluoridated tapwater strictly because they do it on Squidbillies, then I suppose you'll also dress up as a giant banana the next time you go hunting, too.
7. Stereotypes in cartoons are not exactly one of the most pressing issues on the planet. I'd also like to point out that Squidbillies creator/writer Dave Willis is a native Georgian with no known ties to the Pentagon or any other government body.

Oh, and DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!

3 comments:

Russell said...

Yeah, he knows a lot about TV shows! I'd never heard of this show before.

The toothpaste label isn't a typo per se, but it's very poorly worded.

S.M. Elliott said...

It's funny that he said the show "went on forever". I think it's 15 minutes long.

Scarlet said...

S.M., I just found this blog, so I've been reading the archives. Great stuff. And, btw, the Squidbillies has a fifteen minute TIME SLOT, which means the show itself is actually SHORTER than fifteen minutes.

About Me

My photo
I'm a 30ish housefrau living in Canada

Followers